Thick and long hair on the head grooms your personality, but the hair on any other part of the body can shake your confidence. From the beginning, women use traditional methods like waxing, shaving and topical creams to get rid of these unwanted hairs. With advancements in technology, many new ways have been introduced to remove unwanted hair easily; these technologies include epilators, electrolysis and laser techniques.
The technologies mentioned above are promising to remove unwanted hair permanently or reduce the growth of hair. Epilators and electrolysis can be painful and are not recommended for sensitive skin. However, laser hair removal is proving to be a painless method, and this technology is increasingly being used around the world.
Among 5 famous laser treatments, diode laser hair removal has proven to be the best. Let’s check what are the things that make this technique so popular?
Features of diode laser hair removal
- Usually, laser treatments are not effective on light hair tones and fair skin because the laser wavelength cannot penetrate light tones. However, diode lasers have longer wavelengths and can penetrate deep into the skin, which is why this treatment can be used on medium-light skin tones and light hair.
- Unlike other laser treatments, diode laser technology does not require as many sessions to completely eliminate unwanted hair. However, you can get rid of it in just 2 to 3 sessions. Keep in mind that the number of sessions always depends on the individual skin and hair type, yet Diode requires fewer sessions than others.
- Among all laser techniques, Diode is the least painful. However, other laser techniques are not distressing but give you a tickling sensation when the hair follicle is destroyed.
- Unlike other laser treatments, Diode provides the best results and is effective for all 6 skin types. However, it is more effective on 1-4 skin types.
Specifications of diode hair removal
- It has a wavelength of 800 to 810nm
- Spot size is 9mm
- Pulse width is 5-30 ms, and
- The repetition rate is 1 Hz
- It is a highly effective, fast and advanced technology.
- Longer wavelength allows deeper penetration and better results for people with darker skin tone.
- People with sensitive skin may experience scars, skin burning, redness or swelling.
- After treatment, some people may experience a condition called urticaria.
- Avoid contact with sunlight after laser treatment until the skin has healed; otherwise, allergies or other reactions may occur.
- Do not go for this procedure with the tanned skin, or you will not get the best results.
If you are looking for a laser treatment to get rid of unwanted body hair with less or no pain, then opt for diode laser hair removal for the best results. This is one of the safest and fastest methods among all. There may be some unwanted pigment changes, but don’t worry, they are temporary. However, never try to do any kind of laser treatment by yourself and always see a professional to have the hair treatment done.